Date: 25 October 2023
Duration: 1,5 days
Location: ERA Conference Center, Trier, Germany & Online
Cost: € 830.00/€ 747.00 (Register by 25 September)
Organiser: ERA - Academy of European Law
This conference will enable practitioners working in the insurance sector to keep up to-date on the most recent developments in legislation, jurisprudence and practice in this field.
- The recent Retail Investment Strategy;
- Climate change, ESG and its implications for insurers;
- The new Commission Directive on Corporate Sustainability Reporting;
- The new proposal for a framework for Financial Data Access;
- Liability in a world of digital technologies and AI;
- Motor vehicle liability insurance;
- Recent CJEU case law in insurance matters.
Who should attend?
In-house lawyers working with insurance companies, lawyers in private practice, stakeholders, policymakers and academics.
Online participation option
The event will be streamed live online. You have the option to follow the conference on Zoom, enabling you to ask questions and take part in the discussion with participants in Trier.
- Pierre Affagard, TMT Lawyer, Counsel, Clyde & Co, Paris;
- Bryan Coughlan, Senior Financial Services Officer, BEUC – The European Consumer Organisation, Brussels;
- David Cowan, Team Leader on Conduct of Business Policy, European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA), Frankfurt/Main (tbc);
- Larisa Dragomir, Deputy Head of Unit, Insurance & Pensions, DG FISMA, European Commission, Brussels (online, tbc);
- Michael Faure, Professor, Maastricht University and Erasmus University Rotterdam;
- Adrian Glaesner, Senior Legal Counsel, Group Legal, Allianz SE, Munich;
- Niilo Jääskinen, Judge at the Court of Justice of the European Union, Luxembourg;
- Ana Keglević Steffek, Senior Lecturer at ARU School of Law, Cambridge;
- Julia Kölzer, Legal Counsel, Group Legal, Allianz SE, Munich;
- Dieter Pscheidl, Head of European Affairs, Vienna Insurance Group, Vienna;
- Agustín Reyna, Director Legal and Economic Affairs, BEUC – The European Consumer Organisation, Brussels (online);
- Nico Spiegel, Legal Officer, Insurance and Pensions, DG FISMA, European Commission, Brussels;
- Caroline Van Schoubroeck, Professor at KU Leuven; Lawyer, Schuermans Advocaten, Antwerp (online).