Senior Legal Advisor
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Legal Advisor to provide legal services to the activities of Eni Cyprus.
This will include working on a range of matters particularly focused in the areas of Exploration and Production and Eni Corporate.
Some or all of the main accountabilities are allocated by the Mangaging Director and/or the Eni Legal Manager for Southern and Eastern Europe.
The key responsibilities are
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of legal/commercial agreements for key clients within Eni Cyprus and Eni Corporate;
- Taking care of internal liaison with Eni Cyprus client departments and other affiliated business units/departments;
- Taking care of external liaison with joint venture partners, trading counterparties, government/regulatory authorities and external legal advisers;
- Providing miscellaneous shared services within the wider Eni Group;
- Helping on various corporate transactions (including acquisition and divestitures, international projects, etc.);
- Checking internal compliance with respect to the internal policies, procedures and guidelines of the Eni Group;
- Providing high quality legal advice and assistance to Exploration & Production activities in Cyprus and, if required, the broader eastern mediterranean region. This will include working on drafting/negotiating joint operating agreements, unitisation and unit operating agreements, transportation and processing agreements, construction and tie-in agreements, decommissioning security agreements, proximity agreements, farm-in agreements, confidentiality agreements and transfer/novation agreements including Execution Deeds;
- Providing high quality legal advice and assistance to Acquistion and Divestiture activities of Eni Cyprus and, on a case by case basis, the wider Eni Group. This will include work on due diligence activities, pre-emption analysis, drafting and negotiating sale and purchase agreements, regulatory approvals and general transaction management of these and all related activities;
- Providing high quality legal advice and assistance to International Projects/Transactions as they may arise from time to time;
- Providing high quality legal advice and assistance in relation to the provision of shared legal services to affiliated business units/departments such as Eni International Resources Limted, Eni Trading and Shipping SpA, Eni Servizi and other Eni affiliates as required. The work to be completed will be wide ranging and include general legal support in the areas of property, data protection, procurement, pensions, insolvency, employment, corporate governance, etc.;
- Following Dispute Resolution inc. litigation, arbitration, mediation and expert determination;
- Offering Cyprus Law advice for affiliates within the wider Eni Group;
- Taking care of internal compliance with respect to the internal policies, procedures and guidelines of the Eni Group including matters related to HS&E, Anti Corruption Compliance Guidelines, Law 231, Claims Reporting, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.;
- Professional development inc. internal training, precedents database, legal know-how etc.;
- Ensuring adherence to the Company’s Health, Safety & Environment policies, procedures and standards;
- Fully complying with Eni Code of Ethics and Law 231 principles.
- Law Degree with strong academic results;
- Qualified to practice in Cyprus;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience;
- Strong working knowledge of and relevant experience in upstream O&G industry in Cyprus and the eastern Mediterranean region.
- Excellent legal skills/knowledge, particularly in the area of commercial law;
- Astute, commercially aware and highly motivated;
- Effective communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to handle high levels of responsibility.