Senior Knowledge Lawyer
Norton Rose Fulbright
London, United Kingdom
We are now looking for an antitrust and competition Senior Knowledge Lawyer to work primarily in the London team but also to interact with the global antitrust and competition group (in particular the European team) and more widely within Norton Rose Fulbright LLP.
The Senior Knowledge Lawyer position reports into the Head of Knowledge for Antitrust & Competition and will have line management responsibility for a Knowledge Assistant.
- Acting as a sounding board for lawyers to discuss the legal issues which they face across a broad range of matters including cartels and investigations, merger control, antitrust litigation, state aid and general EU law, and providing assistance to lawyers in their research;
- Maintaining existing precedents and drafting new precedents, including complex documents;
- Maintaining existing practice notes and drafting new practice notes, including from scratch in complex areas of law;
- Providing knowledge support to business development initiatives, including prominent roles in the key industry sectors and Key Client initiatives of Norton Rose Fulbright;
- Preparing and delivering legal training to associates, partners and clients as part of a structured programme tailored to suit the team’s needs;
- Drafting high level material for external or internal publications and identifying topics of interest;
- Feeding into the team’s know-how strategy and implementing such strategy by promoting the use of internal databases and search engines and by devising and implementing systems for know-how collection (research notes, transactional documents, training material etc).
Skills and Experience Required
- Qualified lawyer with significant legal experience in antitrust and competition, operating at a senior level;
- Experience in drafting complex documents in plain language;
- Experience in designing and delivering successful, interesting and innovative training programmes, targeted to the audience;
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities across all levels of the organisation;
- Experience, or interest, in the collation, storage and delivery of knowledge;
- Project management experience and demonstrated creativity in problem solving;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent legal research skills;
- Post Graduate Diploma in EU Competition Law (Kings College London) - desirable;
- Fluency in French and/or German or another language in addition to English - desirable;
- Experience using knowledge collaboration sites - desirable.
- Exceptional organisational skills with an ability to demonstrate initiative and flexibility adapting to changing priorities;
- Strong client focus and demonstrated commitment to outstanding service delivery;
- Ability to work under pressure, both autonomously and as a team member;
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with document management software and knowledge systems.