Compliance & Regulatory Counsel
Counsel will actively contribute to the deployment of a comprehensive Data Protection & Privacy program for Orange Business Services, as well as providing advice and assistance to internal clients and members of the regional legal teams, on all data protection & privacy matters across Orange Business Services.
Counsel will be responsible for the regulatory support of Orange Business Services activities in France and Africa (geographical scope may evolve with company needs).
Participate in the deployment and evolution of a comprehensive program for Orange Business Services overall compliance with European and national laws on Personal Data Protection & Privacy, in collaboration with another team member;
Assist regional legal counsels on all matters of personal data protection and Information security arising in respect of customer and supplier contracts negotiation and implementation, including providing advice and drafting documents;
Contribute to identification of Information law (data protection, privacy matters, records management/document retention) and Information security requirements applicable to Orange Business Services products & services and assist internal clients in devising compliance solution, in collaboration with the other Regulatory & Compliance team members;
- Manage and ensure compliance with operating licenses or general authorization within the geography, acting as lead interface with national regulatory authorities and internal stakeholders; advocate the interests of Orange Business Services externally;
- Take the lead in organizing the monitoring of specific regulatory evolutions impacting Orange Business Services; monitor national Compliance and Regulatory evolutions within the geography;
- Advise sales teams and other internal clients on solutions for provision of services within the region from a Compliance and Regulatory perspective;
- Contribute to the Regulatory and Data Protection assessment for new services and services evolutions for allocated activities globally and for all services as regards respective regional aspects;
- Design and provide training to internal stakeholders on Regulatory and Compliance activities within the region.
- Execute delegated responsibilities of Chief Regulatory Counsel as needed.
- Master degree in law;
- Minimum 15 years of personal data protection and telecom regulatory experience as in-house counsel, law firm, or national authority within EU required;
- International B2B experience is a key advantage;
- Languages: Native speaker or equivalent in French and English required, any additional language is a key advantage.