International Legal Counsel - Europe
Reporting to the Head of International Legal Affairs of the Group, the holder is responsible for assisting the European subsidiaries of Apave International on all legal issues.
The International Legal Counsel will perform the following tasks:
- Monitoring the implementation of Group legal procedures within the subsidiaries based in Europe and possibly another area;
- Managing the physical archiving of legal documentation within the subsidiaries and ensure the archiving of the electronic copies of the legal documentation in dedicated platforms.
- Reviewing commercial contracts (customer/supplier/partnership contracts) in accordance with Group procedures;
- Ensuring the use of standard contract models approved by the Group;
- Updating the general terms and conditions in collaboration with the Head of International Legal Affairs;
- Reviewing the guarantee requests to be signed by the subsidiaries.
Pre-litigation, litigation and insurance:
- Managing pre-litigation and litigation;
- Managing the external legal advisors;
- Managing the insurance portfolio in collaboration with the Group Litigation & Insurance Manager.
- Managing the day-to-day corporate affairs of the subsidiaries: organization of annual general meetings (drafting and review of legal documents approving the annual financial statements, preparation of notices of meeting, ensuring that minutes are signed and registered, etc.), organizing meetings of the board of directors (or equivalent), organization of capital increase decisions and formalities, organization/preparation of intra-group share transfer documents, nomination/ modification of corporate officers, reappointment of auditors, etc.;
- Managing legal formalities and maintaining company registers;
- Preparing/renewing powers of attorney and delegations of authority and archiving electronic copies on the dedicated platform;
- Support the M&A team and assist in the integration of new companies.
- Drafting and revision of real estate leases;
- Managing real estate acquisition/sale files.
Selecting external advisors and service providers (lawyers, notaries):
- Benchmarking and pre-selection of law firms/external advisors/notaries in accordance with the subject matter, with final validation from the Head of International Legal Affairs;
- Maintaining a list of external advisors and service providers supporting each subsidiary.
- Postgraduate Law Degree, ideally in business law, contract law, corporate law or international law;
- 5 to 7 years minimum in a legal position within a law firm or legal department, ideally in an international group. Experience (studies or work) abroad would be a plus;
- Fluent in English. Italian would be a plus;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Great capacity to organize work with method and autonomy;
- Ability to manage several cross-functional issues in a multicultural, international environment.
Don't forget to mention EuroLegalJobs when applying.