Senior Legal Counsel
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
As Senior Legal Counsel, you will oversee the legal, compliance and privacy aspects of Kia Connect while being deeply involved in the business initiatives. You will safeguard our reputation and integrity by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows legal guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues. You will collaborate closely with the Data Privacy Officer and the Kia Europe Legal team.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to management in the framework of the connected car operations and in the further development of Kia Connect legal structure;
- Provide legal support and guidance in particular in the area of Privacy/GDPR to business teams;
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations;
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues;
- Offer solutions as well as possible alternatives routes by identifying and analyzing data privacy risks;
- Draft and negotiate agreements, contracts and other legal documents with customers, suppliers, partners and public authorities to ensure the company’s full legal rights;
- Assume responsibility for interaction with internal clients and external parties;
- Assist with development of standard templates and processes;
- Regularly monitor company compliance;
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the company;
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation and disseminate across organization.
- Qualified Lawyer in Germany;
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience in a multinational enterprise, within a startup environment or a law firm;
- Experience in automotive/mobility would be considered as a strong asset;
- Practice in Privacy and IT law would be a plus;
- Knowledge about privacy law/GDPR would be considered an asset; knowledge about competition law, consumer law, traffic law and telecommunication law would be appreciated;
- Analytical and research skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Organizational skills and effective time management;
- Persuasive oral and written communication;
- Interpersonal skills and empathy;
- Negotiation skills;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Fluent in German, English (written and spoken), additional European languages are a plus.
Don't forget to mention EuroLegalJobs when applying.