As a Legal Advisor (m/f) for the private banking segment, your main tasks will be:
- Provide legal advice with regard to the Retail and Private Banking activities of the bank (concerning mainly civil, commercial, corporate and consumer law aspects);
- Advise the bank on its duties and responsibilities in respect of these activities, in particular in relation to credit structuring and implementation of cross-border set-ups and MIFID related regulatory aspects;
- Draft, review, negotiate any types of agreements in relation with activities (mostly but not exclusively standard and customized credit agreements & security packages and investment services related documentation but also the regular update of our retail & private banking GTCs);
- Assisting the various departments of the Bank in analyzing and, coordinating from a legal and bank regulatory perspective the implementation of financial and banking products and services within the Bank;
- Participate in external working groups (ABBL, etc.);
- Coordinate outside counsel as the case may be;
- Provide support to the Head of Legal, Legal Manager and the Team on various matters;
- Advise and support the activities of the credit, inheritance and litigation departments (debt recovery);
- Handle and monitor litigations, CSSF complaints and legal claims;
- Follow up on legislative and regulatory developments that may influence Bank's activity in the private banking sector especially in relation to its cross-border activities.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge in one or more of the following subjects is also recommended: Credit and securities law, banking and financial services regulations, consumer and investor protection, MIFID II and ESG/SFDR;
- Strong practical sense, accuracy;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Analytical and argumentation skills, organizational skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Team player.
Knowledge and experience:
- University degree in law, supplemented by a specialization in banking or financial law;
- The Luxembourg bar exam, an additional degree and/or specialization in economics, taxation and/or business management is an asset;
- You have at least 5 years of experience in the "financial/banking" legal field, either in a banking environment (especially in private banking) or within an international law firm.
- Fluency in French and English;
- A good knowledge of Luxembourgish and any other language is considered as an asset.
Don't forget to mention EuroLegalJobs when applying.