Senior Legal Counsel - Dispute Resolution, Litigation and Risk Management
Role and Responsibilities
- Drive the management of the caseload in the litigation management system in collaboration with local counsel and review the accuracy the entries for high-risk cases.
- Track the evolution of provisions as part of the various reporting processes and liase with Finance on provisions.
- Coordinate with HR to ensure new cases are properly reported.
- Organize and prepare the quarterly reporting process (URD, High Risk Report)
- Concisely and accurately summarize case developments internally for audit, finance and insurance purposes.
- Keep abreast of legislative and regulatory changes relevant to dispute resolution.
- Contribute to the development of coherent global policies and best practices.
- Keep internal policy documents up to date.
- Provide trainings internally as needed on dispute resolution, clause drafting, document retention and other topics as determined by the Head of Dispute Resolution.
- Collaborate with the other departments on transversal initiatives such as legal technology and innovation and contract management.
- Support and contribute to other projects as determined by the Head of Dispute Resolution, Litigation and Risk Management
Required Skills and Experience
Professional and Technical Requirements:
- University degree in Law.
- 6 years’ work experience gained as in-house counsel or in a global or national law firm.
- Previous experience with civil/common contract law, negotiation, litigation, alternative dispute resolution, arbitration and dispute management.
- Demonstrable strong organizational and project management skills.
- Fluency in French and English (written and spoken); fluency in another language (German; Spanish or Cantonese) will be an advantage
- Demonstrable ability to work in a multicultural and international environment.
- Strong eye for business.
- Highly energetic and willing to perform above and beyond .
- Strong communication and coordination skills.
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- Strong achievement, result oriented and proactive approach.
- Change management, problem solving and can-do attitude.
- Cooperative & cross functional approach.
- Able to work independently across multiple time zones
Don't forget to mention EuroLegalJobs when applying.