Legal Director, EMEA Commercial
The Legal Director, EMEA Commercial will be part of Celonis’ global Legal and Compliance organization and report to the Vice President & Assistant General Counsel, Global Commercial. The Legal Director, EMEA Commercial will be part of a growing team of commercial legal experts and will take holistic responsibility for key commercial transactions throughout EMEA. A successful candidate will be expected to provide pragmatic, creative, collaborative and solution-oriented Legal support throughout the company, will have a strong business sense and have experience working as a self-starter in an environment that is fast-paced, business and results-oriented and team focused.
The work you’ll do:
- Draft, review, analyze and negotiate complex, strategic commercial contracts, including cloud and on-premise subscriptions, license, and professional services agreements.
- Consistently anticipate, analyze, communicate, and propose mitigation strategies for potential risks in contractual, regulatory, compliance, financial and legal areas.
- Effectively lead a regional team of legal professionals, including overseeing day-to-day work, mentoring, hiring, training, and onboarding new hires.
- Seamlessly partner with senior stakeholders (including C-Suite and Executive Management) within the Celonis organization, including but not limited to Sales, Deal Desk, Finance and Compliance.
- Provide training on a variety of topics to sales and other cross-functional teams.
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement, reduction of friction and problem solving within areas of Legal and Compliance.
- Further Celonis’ business, financial and risk management objectives through diligent, proactive and creative lawyering.
The qualifications you need:
- Law degree from a highly-regarded school
- Active bar membership (or equivalent) in relevant jurisdiction
- Native or bilingual fluency in English and German required; another European language would be a significant plus
- 10+ years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department including significant drafting and negotiation experience in relation to software/technology license/cloud and professional services agreements
- 3+ years of direct people management experience
- Experience supporting quota-carrying, enterprise-level sales personnel
- Working knowledge of regulatory matters, including international data protection, corporate compliance and export/trade restrictions
- Ability to think “outside the box” and address complex matters with creative solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to independently organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients and work effectively with remote team and management members
- Sound and practical business judgment
- Strong skill set working with office applications, including the Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, Adobe, Docusign and GoogleDocs.
Don't forget to mention EuroLegalJobs when applying.