Warner Bros. Discovery
London, United Kingdom
Your New Role
Negotiate and draft various commercial agreements (including distribution and ad sales agreements), provide legal advice to the business on a range of issues, and provide support to the EMEA legal team as required. Liaise closely with the relevant commercial stakeholders, including senior management, for specific EMEA regions. This role will involve, inter alia, working on distribution agreements, ad sales agreements, general commercial agreements, regulatory matters and compliance matters for the business.
Your Role Accountabilities
- Drafting and negotiating standard form and bespoke distribution/commercial partnerships contracts across EMEA, with a particular focus on certain regions. This includes linear and non-linear carriage deals with third party platforms via a range of distribution means;
- Supporting all aspects of the distribution business with TV platforms, including contracts, strategic issues, dispute resolution, and contract compliance issues;
- Key lawyer for a wide range of commercial matters including ad sales, digital sales, IP/IT, marketing and PR, sponsorship, technical/MPT&O, facilities and real estate;
- Legal support on handling regulatory matters generally;
- Advising on, coordinating and, where applicable, supervising external counsel on, key litigation disputes and enforcement policies (e.g. bad debt, piracy);
- Support lawyer on certain key regional and international deals;
- Overseas travel, where necessary, to attend internal and external meetings.
Skills and Qualifications
- Technically very proficient lawyer - needs to have excellent understanding of regulatory, contract law, consumer and data protection law, IP/IT and corporate law and excellent drafting skills;
- Must be qualified lawyer - excellent academics; training and experience at top law firm an advantage;
- Negotiation skills must be proven - to deliver both proper legal protection to the company and excellent commercial results;
- High competency required in IT skills (e.g. Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel);
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to work effectively at all levels within the company;
- Clear and concise communicator (both orally and written) - ability to present and distil legally complex issues into legally compliant but practical and commercial solutions, in a way that engages the key stakeholders;
- Well organised and attention to detail: this role requires focus and energy to ensure that nothing falls between the cracks.
- All areas noted above in skills, plus good commercial knowledge essential - must have a deep understanding of the impact that deals potentially have on other revenue streams to involve other parts of the business as appropriate.
- Professional: calm under pressure, clear thinking, well organised, proactive and grasps concepts quickly;
- Flexible and commercially pragmatic;
- Will be a key provider of day-to-day support to the business so must be a good team player, and have flexible, hands-on approach;
- Emotionally intelligent outlook - must have the ability to diffuse and calm others;
- Inclusive behaviour - ensuring that all key stakeholders are consistently kept in the loop;
- Ability to manage own time judiciously and deal effectively with competing interests;
- Confident, sociable and ability to interact with clients from different cultures and backgrounds.
Don't forget to mention EuroLegalJobs when applying.