Head of M&A Legal
What is the job about?
As Head of M&A Legal, you will be part of Grundfos’ Legal Department and the legal community but on a daily basis work closely together with the separate M&A Department. The M&A team consists of six professionals (including you) based in Bjerringbro, Denmark being responsible for executing mergers, acquisitions and divestments throughout the entire Grundfos Group. Grundfos Legal is a global team consisting of more than 30 legal professionals covering all legal areas and geographies of the Group. Further, you will be working closely together with colleagues throughout Grundfos including from Business, Strategy, Finance, Tax, HR, Operations, and more.
You will be reporting to Grundfos’ General Counsel with a dotted line to the Head of Group M&A.
Your main responsibilities:
- Project management of all legal aspects of M&A transactions, including (in close collaboration with external legal advisors where relevant) driving the legal part of due diligence processes, drafting/reviewing transaction documentation, transaction structuring work, screening of and filing for regulatory approvals, and managing signing/closing of transactions;
- Ensure strong alignment and good working relationships with internal stakeholders both within M&A, Legal, commercial teams, and relevant support functions, e.g., on overlaps between legal due diligence and other specialist areas or where there are interactions between legal terms and commercial objectives;
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with external stakeholders including legal advisors and W&I insurance brokers;
- Support on the preparation and quality of all materials for third parties and internal decision makers, such as Grundfos’ Group Management and the Board of Directors;
- Leading internal M&A related optimization and strategy processes.
This position requires a strong legal background, well developed people skills, the ability to think strategically, a strong business acumen, and the desire and willingness to go beyond the adviser role to become a truly trusted partner of the business. It is important that you do not just see yourself as a legal adviser but as an integrated part of a team working to achieve the commercial and strategic objectives of Grundfos.
We imagine that you:
- Have a relevant educational background (Masters degree in law or similar);
- Have worked as an M&A lawyer within a law firm and/or inhouse for at least 3+ years;
- Have a strong legal skill set within M&A and corporate law and are confident in advising on all legal matters throughout an M&A process;
- Can think strategically, commercially, and critically – also outside of legal matters;
- Have a proactive and independent approach – you do not await instructions but know what to do;
- Have a collaborative mindset and are easy to work with;
- Have strong communication skills and speak and write English fluently;
- Are a dynamic, diligent, and confident multitasker.
Don't forget to mention EuroLegalJobs when applying.