Senior Legal Counsel - Antitrust Matters
Hanover or Frankfurt, Germany
Provide legal advice on all applicable legal topics impacting questions regarding antitrust law (“Antitrust Matters”) within a given region or group sector of Continental. Such Antitrust Matters include, in particular, topics such as:
- Reviewing, analyzing, and negotiating contracts and agreements of all kinds (horizontal & vertical aspects) e.g., supplier contracts, license agreements, cooperation agreements, terms & conditions:
- Evaluating market dominance related market behavior;
- Structuring meetings with competitors;
- Evaluating association activities;
- Performing antitrust due diligence;
- Supporting in structuring M&A activities, including merger control filings;
- Supporting cartel litigation including follow-on claims;
- Supporting antitrust investigations;
- Creating training materials and holding antitrust trainings;
- Representing Continental in antitrust relevant panels, roundtables, task forces etc.
- Elaborate and implement standards with respect to all types of contracts and any other topic addressed above impacting Antitrust Matters;
- Communication with antitrust authorities;
- Collaborate with stakeholders inside and outside the global law department (including the IP department) with respect to Antitrust Matters;
- Collaborate with the compliance department to foster a comprehensive and holistic coverage of all antitrust-related activities of Continental;
- Select, manage, evaluate and steer external antitrust counsel;
- Participate in regular legal and business meetings to review and stay apprised of pending and upcoming projects with antitrust relevance;
- Understand the legal landscape of antitrust and track and report on changes and trends.
- Fully qualified lawyer (m/f/diverse) with bar admission;
- Experience as a fully qualified lawyer in a law firm, corporation, or both;
- Several years of practical experience with antitrust matters (horizontal & vertical aspects, market dominance, cartel litigation, antitrust investigations, trainings in antitrust matters, antitrust due diligence);
- Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to write clearly and prepare professional communications. Strong negotiation skills;
- Strong intercultural competence;
- Very good German and English language skills (written and spoken);
- Other language skills are a plus;
- Demonstrated excellent legal knowledge in antitrust matters, sound knowledge in related legal matters such as M&A, IP, commercial law etc.;
- Deep understanding of the business, products and markets of an automotive supplier and sound strategic thinking with outstanding organizational and analytical skills for detailed and results-orientated solutions;
- Knowledge of information technology and data management systems required (Microsoft Office Suite);
- Strong team player with willingness and ability to work in an international environment;
- Ability and willingness to travel.
Don't forget to mention EuroLegalJobs when applying.