Senior Vice President, Counsel
In this role, you’ll make an impact mainly in the following ways:
- Draft, review and negotiate service contracts with our clients;
- Provide ongoing advice regarding contractual, regulatory and other legal issues, relating to clients, suppliers and business partners ensuring that BNY Mellon complies with its legal and regulatory responsibilities and minimizing legal risks;
- Work with other lawyers in the different EMEA wide legal departments to deliver a high standard of legal advice that is tailored to BNYM’s business model;
- Advise/support business in developing and implementing services and products in line with applicable laws & regulations;
- Follow developments and advise business and management on banking and financial law/regulation and provide legal support for regulatory change and implementation projects;
- Participate in relevant industry bodies and informal peer networking forums;
- Support to instruction and management of external counsel (including assistance with analysis and collation of advice from such counsel);
- Assistance with the development of formal training sessions for business colleagues on relevant topics, e.g. documentary standards/policies/market industry issues/legal issues; and
- Support knowledge sharing and innovation within the legal team.
To be successful in this role, we’re seeking the following:
- Masters law degree or equivalent;
- At least 3 years experience in a business law firm and/or legal department of a financial institution;
- Several years of experience of drafting and reviewing legal documentation generally and familiar with the financial services industry, primarily the investment funds space including the role of depositaries, fund administrators and investment fund managers;
- Well-organised, stress resistant and with the ability to work autonomously;
- Team player;
- Practical and solutions oriented;
- Enabler of the business;
- Languages: English and preferably French &/or German.
Don't forget to mention EuroLegalJobs when applying.