Legal Counsel Offshore Energy
As Legal Counsel you will actively support the Business Unit Offshore Energy in the acquisition and execution of international projects. In that capacity, the identification, analysis and management of legal and contractual risks are of the utmost importance, as is the ability to conduct negotiations with a view to reducing those risks.
You will also advise Van Oord in drafting and negotiating and tendering for main contracts and key subcontracts.
Your focus is not only on the strictly legal side of things but also on the operational, financial and commercial aspects that come into play in the business.
You will work with your colleagues to improve the know-how of the legal team including contract standardisation.
- Analysing tender documents in English, issued by international clients (both public and private entities);
- Identifying legal and contractual risks;
- Drafting contractual conditions in English that qualify our commercial offer;
- Supporting your commercial and procurement colleagues at negotiations;
- Drafting the complete spectrum of contractual documents and agreements required for the correct execution of an international project, from pre-qualification to final taking-over;
- Contributing in the development and implementation of standard contracts, company policies and other procedures with contracting or legal implications;
- Advising on-going project issues minimising the risk and maximising the return to Van Oord;
- Handling legal disputes in cooperation with the area management, the project team and where necessary with external counsel.
- We expect you to be a pro-active, self-confident, constructive and creative advisor, who looks for solutions, values teamwork and can put things in perspective. The ideal candidate is capable of working in different teams and on different projects simultaneously. Because Van Oord has live projects in various parts of the world and in different time zones, some flexibility with regard to working times is important. Furthermore, it's important that you:
- Are a fully qualified lawyer in a relevant jurisdiction, preferably with a practising certificate;
- Have at least three years of working experience in construction, preferably in the offshore or offshore renewable industry;
- Have experience with FIDIC, NEC, LOGIC and/or BIMCO standard contracts;
- Have experience with contracts governed by English or other common law jurisdictions;
- Have experience with cross border international contracts;
- Are fluency in spoken and written English is crucial, knowledge of other languages is a plus;
- Have well-developed negotiating and drafting skills;
- Are able to perform well under pressure.
Don't forget to mention EuroLegalJobs when applying.