Legal Counsel, Commercial
We are looking for a commercial legal counsel who can contribute to Splunk's vision by supporting Splunk’s sales growth across all our theaters globally.
The role has a focus on out-bound enterprise cloud transactions. It will require legal expertise in cloud technology transactions across a variety of industries and markets. We will value your experience with data protection laws, public sector and international exposure.
You will support sales, customer success, and partner teams advising on structuring commercial terms, and drafting and negotiating cloud technology sales agreements across the globe. You will also contribute to process improvements, initiatives and playbooks to help scale for growth and improve our contracting process, and partner with legal team members and other business functions to drive business objectives. This role will report to a Managing Sr. Legal Counsel in Poland.
To succeed, the role requires you to: have an analytical and business minded approach to legal issues. You need to possess excellent business judgment and critical thinking; have the ability to perform independently as well as cross-functionally; demonstrate flexibly in a collaborative, dynamic environment; know how to prioritize and drive multiple initiatives to conclusion in a timely manner; possess strong persuasion, negotiation, presentation and collaboration skills, and excellent communication (oral and written) skills in English; be self-motivated, self-reliant, and confident; and have a good sense of humor.
- Lead complex commercial transactions, with a focus on enterprise cloud and technology sales globally;
- Build strong internal and external relationships while balancing the needs of the local field teams with Splunk’s global strategy and priorities;
- Provide deep knowledge of relevant laws concerning commercial terms, including but not limited to data protection/governance, cybersecurity and government contracts;
- Draft and negotiate outbound software licenses, sales channel and strategic alliance sales, system integrator and OEM contracts;
- Anticipate changes to and advise on relevant laws impacting Splunk’s commercial activities and our customers;
- Provide continuous improvement of contract templates, playbooks, and legal processes;
- Effectively advise, educate and train on and assist in the enforcement of Splunk’s corporate policies and compliance programs;
- Implement initiatives that advance Splunk’s business including Splunk’s priorities;
- Collaborate with other teams in contract and offering processes; and
- Perform other legal responsibilities as requested.
- Law degree and legal qualification with excellent academic credentials;
- At least 5 years’ PQE experience in SaaS, cloud computing, and enterprise software;
- In-house experience in a legal team of a US listed company preferred;
- Deep substantive transaction experience with complex contract and/or licensing agreements, working with two-tier sales partners and experience working in fast-paced technology companies are required;
- Experience in compliance, GDPR, data security, and intellectual property matters, and strong knowledge of data protection laws required; and knowledge of data protection laws of other countries, preferred;
- Experience negotiating managed service provider agreements;
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other European languages will be an advantage.
Don't forget to mention EuroLegalJobs when applying.