Global Head of Privacy
What you’ll do
Stripe’s Global Head of Privacy will be primarily responsible for managing a global privacy program, ensuring Stripe’s compliance with applicable data-protection laws, and building a culture of privacy at Stripe. This person will lead a team of high-performing privacy professionals, providing both short-term and long-term vision and strategies to ensure we adequately protect our Users’ data.
- Lead, coach, and develop a high-performing team of privacy lawyers and privacy-program professionals;
- Advise and coordinate on a variety of legal activities related to all aspects of Stripe’s privacy program globally, including contract negotiation, product development, marketing initiatives, evaluation of data-processing activities, incident management, and more;
- Advise Stripe’s Product teams and executive-level management on privacy and data-protection issues;
- Ensure that Stripe’s products and services comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), applicable privacy laws, and our commitments to our Users;
- Amplify the impact of existing and new legislative and regulatory developments to ensure that Stripe’s leaders and their teams understand and comply with evolving requirements;
- Partner with leadership across Legal, Security, Engineering, Operations, and Product Teams to develop appropriate policies and procedures, implement Privacy by Design, and promote good privacy posture;
- Represent Stripe externally as the primary individual corresponding with data-protection regulators, industry groups, and other key privacy stakeholders;
- Represent Stripe internally as the primary individual corresponding with executives, Boards, audit teams, and risk committee forums on privacy topics.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 15+ years’ experience as a practicing lawyer working on data-protection and privacy legal issues, with particular depth on US, European, and APAC data-privacy regulations and the regimes governing transfer of data between the US and other nations;
- A strong background in technology, and a demonstrated ability to converse with engineering leadership with specificity and depth about the ways that we collect and process data;
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record in people management, with the ability to provide vision on both the short-term and long-term trajectory of the team;
- Strong executive-communication skills, with the ability to develop practical solutions to complex challenges;
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with privacy regulators;
- Demonstrated experience in incident management.
- Experience in fintech or another fast-growing and global technology company;
- Experience scaling a privacy program from early years to maturity;
- Experience working with audit and lines of oversight;
- Relevant IAPP certification(s).
Don't forget to mention EuroLegalJobs when applying.