Senior Counsel, Regulatory & Commercial
Via is looking for an exceptional lawyer to join our European Legal team. As Senior Counsel, you will be joining our dynamic and growing Legal Department, with a particular focus on revenue-generating commercial contracts and regulatory law in the EU (primarily Germany and France, but also in other EU jurisdictions and the UK). You will work closely with all members of our global Legal team, and with business and product colleagues across the organization at a fast-growing technology company.
What You’ll Do:
- As a legal contact for our Partnerships team, you will manage multiple deals and support commercial contracting in the DACH region and across Europe, with sound business and legal judgment and a clear sense of company priorities;
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations for our on-demand transit deployments, particularly in Germany;
- Assist in the formulation, communication and implementation of compliance policies and procedures for a high-growth international business in a shifting regulatory space;
- Draft, review and negotiate a fast-growing pipeline of complex transit tech contracts, including standard SaaS (Software as a Service) contracts and more complex deals with robust add-on services, with a wide variety of domestic and international, public and private sector customers;
- Advise on contract terms and regulatory requirements for RfPs and public procurement processes across Europe;
- Ensure GDPR and data privacy law compliance, overseeing Data Protection Agreements with vendors;
- Respond to inquiries on contract interpretation and compliance from EU business stakeholders;
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams on commercial and regulatory matters, providing legal advice on risks, agreement structures, approval processes, and company policies.
Who You Are:
- Attorney with minimum of 8-10 years experience, preferably at a top law firm, in-house legal department or a combination of the two, including significant commercial legal and transactional experience;
- Experience advising a high-growth business in a heavily regulated industry on complex regulatory and local law compliance issues;
- Strong commercial drafter and negotiator with experience in both commercial contracts and tech transactions;
- Fully fluent reading/writing/speaking/contract drafting capabilities in German and English;
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a keen attention to detail;
- Team player who is willing to wear multiple hats and work on deals of all types;
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills as well as commercial acumen;
- An innovative thinker with the ability to devise creative and practical solutions to address challenges;
- Excited by a dynamic culture, workspace, and environment.
Don't forget to mention EuroLegalJobs when applying.