Legal Advisor (Payments)
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Legal Advisor to join our Retail Banking Legal Team. This position involves assisting the head of the department, team members and internal clients to ensure legal risks in ING’s operations are identified and mitigated.
Your key responsibilities:
As a Legal Advisor you will:
- Provide expert and professional legal advice, guidance, and support to ensure that the legal and reputational risks of the relevant area are identified, reported and mitigated;
- To act as advisor and lawyer to the retail banking business, working closely with the relevant areas;
- To contribute, advise and support business colleagues across product lines identifying, formulating, coordinating and communicating policies, procedures and controls to ensure that ING’s exposure to legal risk is effectively managed;
- To engage external counsel and review external counsel’s advice and documents.
What are we looking for?
Want to know if this job is made for you? These are some of the qualities that we value the most for this role. And if the shoe fits… don’t hesitate to apply!
- Degree in Law from an accredited institution and qualified to work as lawyer in Spain;
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience working at a law firm, fintech and/or financial institution with regulatory exposure;
- Essential regulatory expertise: banking and payments regulation;
- Desirable expertise fields: digital and innovation;
- Draft, review, manage and negotiate a wide variety of commercial/outsourcing agreements, while considering the regulatory requirements applicable to credit entities;
- Providing practical and solution-driven legal advice on all matters relevant to banking and payments regulation;
- Stay up-to-date with changes in laws and regulations related to the banking business;
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills; ability to manage competing priorities effectively;
- Proven ability to meet stringent deadlines and adapt to changing priorities, operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- Fluent English (including drafting legal documents) is a must;
- Readiness to face a changing environment and proactive attitude towards new challenges.
Don't forget to mention EuroLegalJobs when applying.