Senior Privacy Counsel
For us privacy and security are core elements of everything we do to ensure we can operate and scale. We’re now looking for an experienced, pragmatic and technically-minded data protection professional to join our privacy team within Wolt Legal & Public Policy function. You would participate in the development of our data protection practices and provide support in day-to-day privacy legal matters across countries, different business functions and multiple data subject groups. The scope of the role and responsibilities may be tailored depending on your experience level.
We’re looking for someone who has the ability to tackle complex privacy issues across different countries and business functions. A person who is able to maneuver multiple cases and stakeholders simultaneously, understand core business needs and support our people with the Wolt way of doing things will excel in this role. In this position you get to influence how to improve processes and scale our way of working. At the end of the day we are looking for an enabler with an entrepreneurial mindset and solution-driven ways of working. Our ideal team member has an ability to be close to our business, is dynamic and proactively gets things done. We also appreciate quick thinking and a can-do attitude of rolling up one's sleeves, no matter the task or if it is in one's comfort zone or not.
What you’ll be doing
- Work at the cross-section of product, security, engineering and ops teams alongside with other experts on the privacy and legal team;
- Develop and contribute to our privacy framework that ensures compliance across our markets;
- Partner with central and local teams across Wolt’s operating countries to ensure vendor-management and data mapping as well use of new technologies and tools (incl. AI);
- Focus on providing privacy legal and compliance support to our product teams & local country legal experts in various privacy matters;
- Maintain internal and external policies and guidelines together with our other experts;
- You’ll also work closely with the Data Protection Officer (DPO) and help maintain compliance with applicable privacy laws and Wolt’s privacy program.
Our humble expectations
- Solid 7+ years experience from working with privacy and data protection matters as an in-house counsel and/or at a reputable law firm in an international setting;
- You have excellent working knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements pertaining to privacy and data matters and other relevant regulations;
- Master of Laws degree from a reputable university in the EU;
- Knowledge in data privacy and compliance frameworks, particularly the GDPR and practical mindset on how to apply the rules in a fast-growing and complex business environment is seen as an advantage;
- Ability to take ownership and manage multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining focus on the right priorities;
- Proven ability to balance privacy compliance and business objectives;
- Ability to lead, organize, prioritize, and manage projects effectively;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. We are looking for a collaborative team player with a customer focused approach;
- Ability to solve real life problems both on strategic and practical level;
- Excellent English skills. Any other language skill, including Finnish or German, is considered an advantage.
Don't forget to mention EuroLegalJobs when applying.