Lawyer (Course Director) in EU Financial Markets & Banking
ERA - Academy of European Law
With the support of the European Union, our team of some 75 staff from 15 different countries designs and organises more than 200 conferences and courses on European law every year at our headquarters in Trier (Germany) and at other locations across Europe, as face-to-face, online or hybrid events. We also provide an e-learning platform and produce publications, in particular the quarterly legal journal ERA Forum.
Do you feel attracted by the idea of working in a genuine European team and promoting European law among European lawyers?
We are looking for you as a new member of our team starting at the earliest possible date as: Lawyer (Course Director) in EU Financial Markets & Banking.
The job offers entails primarily the management of three key activities:
- preparing and implementing training courses;
- organising high-level conferences; and
- developing e-learning modules and digital training materials all targeted at European legal practitioners such as lawyers in private practice, in-house counsel, judges, prosecutors and civil servants.
What we expect:
- an extensive knowledge of European law, and ideally in (European) business law;
- an analytical mind-set;
- good networking and communication skills;
- fluency in English is necessary, and knowledge of German and French is an advantage;
- professional experience of legal practice (ideally acquired in a corporate or financial services or banking environment.
What we offer:
- flexible and family-friendly working hours and the option of mobile work (up to 50% after the induction period);
- travel to various venues within Europe;
- an attractive and modern workplace in Trier, Germany, just over the border from the EU’s judicial capital in Luxembourg, not far from France and Belgium;
- the opportunity to work closely with leading experts in European law and the chance to be part of a dynamic multi-national team.
The post is for a fixed term (maternity cover) until 30 November 2025.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and a motivation letter by e-mail – indicating your salary expectations – in one of the Academy’s working languages to: CD-SecFinemail@example.com.
Please do not hesitate to contact Ms Alexandra Knippel-Probst of our Human Resources Department if you have any questions: Tel +49 (0)651 93737-622, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't forget to mention EuroLegalJobs when applying.