Senior Legal Specialist, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a lawyer to join the Global Contracts Legal (GCL) team in Gdansk, Poland. In this role you will provide legal support to State Street’s global business units and corporate functions, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex agreements, supporting key Legal Department initiatives and providing related legal support services.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Legal Specialist you will be
- Drafting and negotiating legal contracts governed by the laws of various jurisdictions in accordance with relevant training;
- Working with internal legal and business colleagues to address various legal and corporate initiatives and resolving legal issues;
- Handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with careful legal analysis and attention to detail;
- Exercising sound judgement in dealing with clients and colleagues;
- Acting as a trusted adviser to State Street business units.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong problem-solving and legal analysis skills;
- Very good legal English language skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative culture that values teamwork and inclusivity;
- Ability to build positive and wide-ranging working relationships with colleagues, including the ability to appropriately challenge and offer an alternative point of view;
- Ability to provide practical guidance to assist business in contract negotiations;
- Good time management, prioritization, planning, and organizational skills;
- Willingness to learn new areas of law.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Law school graduate in any jurisdiction (attorney-at-law license is a plus);
- Three (3) years or more of experience in a law firm or in-house legal department;
- Previous contract negotiation experience is a plus.
Don't forget to mention EuroLegalJobs when applying.