Head of Legal
Job ID: 107355BR
As the Country Counsel and manager of the Legal Department at IBM Norway, you will be responsible for drafting and negotiating customer contracts as well as advising on corporate matters, employment law, IBM policies and practices, financing, real estate, pensions and competition law. You will manage the use of outside counsel for litigation or for purposes of other business strategies where necessary (i.e. business ventures, acquisitions, lawsuits, etc.). This role will also include line management responsibility for the legal function within Norway.
The legal function in IBM works as one legal team to support business needs across the business, so you will also be expected to assume additional responsibilities outside of Norway as assigned by legal management. Due to the nature of the role, flexibility is expected.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to advise clearly with an eye as to the commercials of a matter;
- Sound people and organizational skills are required;
- Absolute commitment to business integrity and ethical conduct;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Norwegian, good communication skills;
- Able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment, and to meet critical deadlines;
- Able to work well both independently and as an integral part of a team.
- Strong legal skills;
- 10+ PQE with experience gained from external and/or internal legal practice, ideally with experience from the following industries: Technology/Energy/Industrial/ Utilities/Telco;
- Legally qualified in Norway: Minimum Bachelor Degree majoring in Law and holding a valid and current Advocates Licence.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Master's Degree.
- Up to 10% or 1 day a week.