Amadeus’ IP Group is seeking an IP Attorney to lead in various IP Value initiatives directed to protect and enhance the value of Amadeus' intellectual property in support of and in complement to Amadeus’ Business Units.
- Sharpen strategic approaches as to the management of IP within Amadeus;
- Develop and implement systems and policies relating to various forms of IP (e.g. Patents, Designs, Trade Secrets, etc.) as and where needed;
- Optimize the quality and value of Amadeus’ Patent portfolio;
- Supporting the processing of various country-specific IP incentive schemes;
- Map continuously the IP creation of the company liaising with the management of the company;
- Maintain the mapping of the Amadeus IP assets per technology and per divisions;
- Establish and follow a watch procedure regarding external IP rights, including continuous landscaping of the external Amadeus ecosystem;
- Working with Amadeus’ Business Units to craft and develop IP strategies with to advance business unit objectives;
- Identifying and driving IP-based collaboration opportunities; conduct and manage IP business undertakings;
- Assist in drafting and negotiating any license agreements or IP deal; monitor compliance of requirements under such agreements;
- Handle third-party patent rights concerns;
- Manage with outside counsel any IP litigation, where necessary;
- Working closely with Amadeus Business Units & other units like R&D, TPE to cultivate the IP portfolio and IP awareness within the organization;
- Organize and follow the internal IP governance to ensure this process takes place;
- Providing support to the IPP team where necessary;
- Manage the relevant dashboards and KPI that will help Amadeus Management to understand state and value of the IP per technology/division;
- Contributing to ways of improving innovation and development from the IP perspective (with Innovation organization, in M&A, partnerships, development agreements, etc…).
- Engineering Degree or equivalent technical training (ideally in Electrical Engineering/Software);
- Qualified as a European or US Patent Attorney.
Relevant work experience
- Experience with software patenting and up-to-date with developments in various jurisdictions;
- Experience with and understanding of various types of IP licensing agreements.
- Deep knowledge of patent law and good practical experience in handling inventions, applying patent protection strategies;
- Strong technical/functional/business/commercial awareness and acumen;
- Able to understand corporate functions and how IP can contribute;
- Follow latest trends and developments in own field and adapt these in own job/organization;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish effective working relationships with engineers, management and colleagues within the IP Group, and ability to work effectively in an international multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic thinking, and record of demonstrating leadership and organizational skills in managing complex legal matters with multiple stakeholders;
- Passion for business and IP.